Monthly Sales Report
|FY June 2020||FY June 2020|
|Don Quijote Co., Ltd.||UNY Co., Ltd.|
<Don Quijote Co., Ltd.>
SSS (excluding tax-free) without leap day were 101.7% year on year. It was 106.8% including February 29. Sales for preservable food and hygiene goods skyrocketed due to coronavirus outbreak. Strong domestic sales for daily necessities were more than offset the stagnant tax-free sales.
- Nationwide temperature remained high throughout the month. 41 prefectures out of 47 hit a record high temperature in February. Weather changed frequently and there were cloudy days and it drizzled sometimes.
- For domestic consumption, "stay-at-home consumption" surged week by week. Daily necessities such as preservable food, hygiene goods and paper products were very strong and took the lead.
For overseas travelers' consumption, tax-free sales plummeted as traffic sharply decreased besides ASEAN.
- Sales trend by product category :
Home electronics : Air cleaners made a rapid growth. Headsets and POSA cards were contributors.
Miscellaneous household goods : Daily consumables delivered a strong sales momentum such as detergents. Sales for hygiene goods including hand soap and disinfectants as well as thermometers surged. Cleaning goods and kitchen goods were robust.
Foods : All product categories recorded very high growth. There was double-digit growth on process food (instant noodles, preservable rice and canned food), rice bags and frozen foods.
Watches & Fashion goods : Though outer wear and bags were stagnant, E-cigarettes and inner wear were good.
Sporting & Leisure goods : Protein and fitness items were robust. High temperature encouraged the sales for bicycles.
- New store openings in March : "Don Quijote Naha tsubogawa store" in Okinawa pref. was opened on 6. "Don Quijote Shikoku chuo store" in Ehime pref. will be opened on 13.
<UNY Co., Ltd.>
SSS growth was 103.4% until February 28 (comparable year on year) and 108.7% including 29. All categories skyrocketed as merchandizing fit the seasonal needs.
Though seasonal clothings such as dresses for ceremonies were stagnant due to school closure, bags, belts and sneakers were strong in clothing segment.
Hygiene goods (masks and hand soap) as well as paper goods (toilet paper), electrical appliances (air-cleaner), toys (puzzles) delivered high sales growth and took the lead in household goods segment.
Vegetables were soft associated with low market price, however, fish, meat and fruits sales jumped. Instant noodles, pouch food, ready-to-eat cereals and rice bags were contributors in food segment.
- ※Monthly sales for UNY closed its book every 20th of the month until November 2018. Book closing date changed to the end of the month from December 2018.
UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. Full year results for UNY will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020. This monthly sales report is from July, 2019 to June, 2020.
<UD Retail Co., Ltd.>
Conversion store in February : 1
Conversion store in March : 4
Apita Gifu store in Gifu pref. was reopened on March 3, Apita Ichihara store in Chiba pref. will open in the middle of March. Apita Oguchi store in Aichi pref. and La foods core Nayabashi store in Aichi pref will both be opened at the end of March.
[Don Quijote Co., Ltd.], [UNY Co., Ltd.] Monthly Sales Report (Details)
Don Quijote Co., Ltd.(Fiscal Year ended in June)
UNY Co., Ltd.(Fiscal Year ended in June)
*UNY changed its book closing month from February to June. FY2020 will be 16 months, run from March 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.